I was a member of the PhD council of the Institute for Programming research and Algorithmics.
I am honored to be ...
- Industry Track co-Chair of ESEC/FSE 2021.
- Mining Challenge chair of MSR 2017.
- Social media co-chair of SCAM 2016.
Program Commitee (PC)
I am honored to be in the PC of ...
- SCAM 2015, Tool Paper committee.
- SANER 2017, Tool Paper committee.
- ESEC/FSE 2017, Tool Paper committee.
- SANER 2018, Tool Paper committee.
- ISSTA 2018, Artifact Evaluation.
- MSR 2018, Mining Challenge.
- MSR 2018.
- MSR 2019, Mining Challenge.
- ESEC/FSE 2019, Tool Demos committee.
- MSR 2020.
- MSR 2020, Mining Challenge.
- ESEC/FSE 2020, Artifact Evaluation.
- MSR 2021.
- ICSE 2022.
- MSR 2022.
- MSR 2022, Mentor Shadow Track.
I was a (sub-)reviewer for ...
- MSR 2014 (Conference on Mining Software Repositories)
- MSR 2016
- SCAM 2014 (Source Code Analysis and Manipulation Working Conference)
- SANER 2015 (Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution, and Reengineering)
- SANER 2016
- ESEC/FSE 2015 (European Software Engineering Conference/ACM SIGSOFT Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering)
- ESEC/FSE 2017 (research track)
- EMSE 2015 (Empirical Software Engineering)
- EMSE 2017
- JSS 2016 (Journal of Systems and Software)
- JSS 2017
- ASE 2016 (Conference on Automated Software Engineering)
- IEEE Software 2018
- IET Software 2018
- Computing 2018
- EMSE 2018
- TSE 2018
- EMSE 2019
- TSE 2019
- JSS 2019
- EMSE 2020
- JSS 2020
- TSE 2021
I was a teaching assistant for ...
- Software Testing and Quality Engineering, prof. Arie van Deursen, 2014
- Software Engineering Methods, dr. Alberto Bacchelli, 2014
I had the privilege to (co-)supervise ...
- Caro Brandt's Master's Thesis on Build Log Fault Extraction.
- Tim van der Lippe's Master's Thesis on ASAT use in the IDE.
- Patrick van Hesteren's Master's Thesis on the impact of type systems on testing.
- the bachelor end project of Jean de Leeuw, Liam Clark, and Chak Shun Yu on developing an iOS app for flight risk assessment.
- a group of five students in the context project, who created this ASAT visualization tool (together with Andy Zaidman).
- Niels Spruit's Master Thesis What Programmers Know About Debugging And How They Use Their IDE Debuggers, 2015-2016.
- Igor Levaja's Master Thesis on Developer Testing, 2015-2016.
- Radjino Bholanath's Master's Thesis Analyzing the State of Static Analysis: A Large-Scale Evaluation in Open Source Software, 2014-2015.
- the 3-day Master Kickoff 2014 of the EWI faculty in Bunnik.
Invited Talks and Presentations
I was invited for the Dagstuhl seminar on Theories of Programming from 6.6. to 10.6.2022.
I have attended the Dagstuhl seminar on Automatic Quality Assurance and Release from 19.3. to 21.3.2018.
I have given these presentations ...
- Learning to Predict Performance Regressions in Production at the Performance Summit, London (United Kingdom), 30.9.2021
- Toward an Empirical Theory of Feedback-Driven Development in National Symposium Software Engineering The Netherlands at Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI), Amsterdam (The Netherlands), 2.2.2018
- Modern Code Reviews in Open-Source Projects: Which Problems Do They Fix? (Video) in 56th CREST Open Workshop on Code Review and Continuous Inspection/Integration at the University College London (UCL), London (United Kingdom), 28.11.2017 .
- Guest lecture: When, How, and Why Developers (Do Not) Test in Ali Mesbah's Software Verification and Testing at the University of British Columbia (UBC), Vancouver (Canada), 22.2.2016.
- Manual And Automated Static Analysis in Open Source Software: Prevalence and Usage at Microsoft Research, 2015, Redmond (USA), 8.2.2016.
- Guest lecture: Empirical Studies in Software Engineering: 3 Examples in Alberto Bacchelli's Mining Software Repositories course, 2015, Delft (The Netherlands), 7.12.2015.
- When, How, and Why Developers (Do Not) Test in Their IDEs at the Project Quality Day, EclipseCon Europe 2015, Ludwigsburg (Germany), 4.11.2015.
- How (Much) Do Developers Test? at the Software Industry Conference, Bussum (Netherlands), 15.3.2015.
- Wie (Viel) Testen Entwickler? at Eclipse Democamp, Kassel (Germany), 9.12.2014.
- TestRoots: Aus vergangenen Test-Failures lernen at TNG Techday, Munich (Germany), 28.11.2014.
- Modern Code Reviews in Open-Source Projects: Which Problems Do They Fix? at IPA Fall Days, Oisterwijk (Netherlands), 6.11.2014.
- Test Analytics: How Much Testing Is Enough? in BOF-Session, EclipseCon Europe 2014, Ludwigsburg (Germany), 28.10.2014.